A chemical factory in central Iran experienced a massive explosion on Sunday, resulting in the arrival of well over a dozen firefighting vehicles; The source of the explosion remains unknown.
Qom, located in central Iran, was rocked by a massive explosion on Sunday in one of its chemical factories, resulting in the injury of at least two firefighters. Reports indicate that upwards of 20 fire engines had to arrive on the scene to help put out the fire, consisting of approximately 150 firefighters. The particular site of interest is the Movaledan chemical factory.
According to one representative from the fire department, two of the fire engines involved caught fire following multiple explosions that occurred. Online video showed how dark smoke filled the sky in the immediate area. One of two firefighters injured in Sunday’s event remains in critical condition.
Initial reports revealed that the cause of the blast remains unknown, much like the series of explosions and fires that took place throughout the Islamic Republic in the summer of 2020. Sunday’s explosion took place during a time when tensions are on the rise between Iran and Israel. Iran blamed Israel for the series of explosions that occurred last year.
The post Iranian Factory Near Qom Faces Significant Explosion appeared first on Behold Israel.
(THE SUN UK) – The U.S. Air Force is seeing the “highest activity” of Russian aircraft over Alaska since the Cold War, a top U.S. commander has said. The increased military activity in the area is attributed to Russia’s expanding activities, according to Air Force generals. Top U.S. commander, Air Force Lt. Gen. David Krumm,…
Source: Russian warplanes buzzing Alaska at highest rate since collapse of Soviet Union
Several members of the Ultra-Orthodox Jewish community were killed on Friday during a religious gathering for Lag BaOmer; Well over 100 others were injured during the catastrophe; PM Netanyahu has marked Sunday as a day of mourning.
Israel’s Ultra-Orthodox Jewish community faced a tragedy on Friday when a massive gathering for Lag BaOmer took a turn for the worst. The incident took place in northern Israel’s Mount Meron, where it’s estimated that nearly 100,000 people showed up for the event. At least one source said that the site was only capable of hosting 25,000.
The incident, which Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called a “terrible disaster,” occurred when a stampede occurred after an overwhelming amount of people collapsed down a narrow passageway consisting of slippery metal stairs. One report revealed that the barriers put in place created a hindrance for people to escape the catastrophe quickly. However, as mentioned above, the amount of people on-site was far beyond what the location could handle.
Friday morning’s disaster took place in the men’s corridor of the facility. Children are among those killed. Many of those who died still await identification.
Netanyahu said, “There were heartbreaking scenes here. People who were crushed to death, including children. Many of the dead have yet to be identified, and I ask not to spread rumors on social networks because it breaks the families’ hearts. Let the authorities work.”
Netanyahu and many others gave blood on Friday to help the injured.
The holiday observance was the first large religious gathering since the Jewish state removed several longstanding COVID restrictions.
China live-drilled attacks on US carrier while sending record 25 warplanes into Taiwan’s airspace, analysts say
By: Ryan Morgan, American Military News, April 14, 2021
Chinese warplanes appear to have simulated an attack on a U.S. aircraft carrier during Monday flights around Taiwan, multiple defense analysts told Newsweek on Tuesday.
On Monday, China sent a record number of warplanes into Taiwan’s Air Defense Identification Zone (ADIZ), as part of an ongoing aerial campaign around the island. On the same day, the Theodore Roosevelt Carrier Strike Group (CSG) sailed north of the Philippines’ northernmost island of Luzon, according to publicly available ship tracking data. Luzon lies directly south of Taiwan.
Chieh Chung, a research fellow at the Association of Strategic Foresight in Taipei, Taiwan told Newsweek the Chinese warplanes likely took the opportunity to run a “simulated attack” on the U.S. aircraft carrier.
By Jewish Press News Desk, 29 Nisan 5781, April 10, 2021 0
The NY Times reported last week that an anonymous US official claimed Israel was behind the operation in the Red Sea against the Iranian IRGC Navy reconnaissance vessel and floating military base, the Saviz, and the attack was in retaliation for an earlier Iranian attack on an Israeli cargo ship. The report described how the ship had been damaged. A few weeks earlier, a report in the Wall Street Journal claimed that Israel attacked multiple Iranian ships transporting oil and equipment from Iran to Syria, since 2019.
Unconfirmed reports in Israel are saying that someone in the foreign media may have actually received the information on the planned attack on the Saviz before the attack happened and was then asked by someone in Israel to hold off publishing the information until after the operation was completed.
A lot of concern and finger-pointing has been going around the inner circles of Israel’s security establishment as to who possibly leaked the information on Israel’s various secret operations and why. Some reporters have been hinting that it was senior politicians in the coalition (such as it is) or the opposition, depending on the reporters’ political bias. Others claim it was the US.
But at this point, defense officials are relatively sure it did not come directly from any Israeli source, according to a Walla report.
The concern now is that someone in the US government has been leaking the classified operational information that Israel has been sharing with US government officials.
What is still unclear to Israel is if this is a leak by an individual, a one-off event, or a change in US policy under the Biden administration, and what this mean with regards to future sharing of intelligence information with the American government.
The issue of the leaks may be raised during the upcoming visit to Israel by US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin on Sunday.
y Behold Israel, Apr 2, 2021
As the new White House administration seeks to shift US policy concerning the Middle East, it has removed key military assets during a time in which military pressure is mounting from the Islamic Republic.
In what was first reported by the Wall Street Journal, the Biden administration is moving military assets out of the Gulf region at a significant rate, according to a report this week. The removal of military interests from the region is reportedly for several reasons, including the refocusing on other regions of the world. However, there’s no question that the Biden administration has zero intentions of working with the Saudis like the former administration.
According to the report, the White House has “removed at least three Patriot antimissile batteries from the Gulf region, including one from Prince Sultan Air Base in Saudi Arabia, that had been put in place in recent years to help protect American forces.”
Continuing, it revealed that more assets could soon be departing the region, saying, “Some capabilities, including an aircraft carrier and surveillance systems, are being diverted from the Middle East to answer military needs elsewhere around the globe…other reductions are under consideration.”
This move from the Biden administration comes when the Iranian-sponsored Houthi Rebels have been increasing their attacks on the Kingdom via ballistic missiles and explosive drones. They have often targeted Aramco oil facilities and civilian airports.
Despite the administration’s said commitment to building a relationship with the Saudis, removing these key military interests comes at a very compromising time.